Robel Estiwal Garcia Rodriguez, better known as Robel Garcia, is a Dominican Major League Baseball infielder for the Houston Astros (MLB). In 2019, he made his Major League Baseball debut with the Chicago Cubs. In 2016, he began playing independent baseball for the Cleveland Indians. Garcia’s first MLB hit came on July 4, 2014, when he tripled off Jordan Lyles. In addition, on February 27th, 2021, he was claimed off waivers by the Houston Astros.
|Celebrated Name||Robel Garcia|
|Birth Name||Robel Estiwal Garcia Rodrigue|
|Place Of Birth||Las Matas de Farfan, Dominican Republic|
|Birth Nation||Dominican Republic|
|Source of Wealth||Baseball career|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Salary||$580,500 per year|
Robel Garcia Biography
Robel Garcia was born on March 28, 1993 in Las Matas de Farfan, Dominican Republic. He was born in a Christian religious family with the name Robel Estiwal Garcia Rodriguez. He is Dominican-black in ethnicity and Dominican-black in nationality. Similarly, Robel’s current age is 30, which he celebrated recently in 2023, and his star sign is Aries, according to his birthdate. As a result, he is black. Garcia hasn’t revealed anything about his parents or his education.
Robel Garcia Height, Weight
Robel Garcia has a height of 6 feet and a body weight of 168 pounds. He has black hair and blue eyes. He has uncommon good looks and raw appeal. His ancestry could be one of the reasons for his remarkable personality. Robel has an athletic body type, although his exact physical measurements are unclear.
- Robel Garcia began his career as an international free agent out of the Dominican Republic in February 2010 at the age of 16, signing with the Cleveland Indians. He was released by the Indians on his twenty-first birthday in March 2014 after four seasons.
- In 2012 and 2013, he reached the Class A Midwest League, where he began playing independent baseball in 2016 until joining Fortitudo Bologna of the Italian Baseball League in 2017.
- In 2018, he played with UnipolSai Bologna and was a part of Italy’s national baseball team, which competed in the 2018 Super 6 Baseball Tournament.
- The Chicago Cubs
- In November 2018, Robel signed a minor league contract with the Cubs and began the 2019 season with the Tennessee Smokies before getting promoted to the Iowa Cubs after 22 games.
- On July 3, 2019, the Cubs picked his contract and promoted him to the major leagues. He made his debut that night as a pinch hitter for Brandon Kintzler, striking out in his maiden at-bat.
- On July 4, 2014, he tripled off Jordan Lyles for his first MLB hit and then singled and blasted a solo home run against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Robel was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Reds on July 26, 2020, but he did not appear in a game for Cincinnati that year.
- After the 2020 season, he joined Aguilas Cibaenas of the Dominican Professional Baseball League (LIDOM), and he represented the Dominican Republic in the 2021 Caribbean Series.
- Garcia was claimed off waivers by the New York Mets on October 26, 2020, and was designated for assignment on February 1, 2021, following the acquisition of Jordan Yamamoto.
- Robel was claimed off waivers by the Los Angeles Angels on February 3, 2021, and was designated for assignment by the Angels on February 25, 2021, following the waiver claim of Jack Mayfield.
- On February 27th, 2021, Garcia was claimed off waivers by the Houston Astros.
Robel Garcia Girlfriend, Dating
Robel Garcia is a single man. He is in a romantic relationship with a woman about whom little is known. He is also the father of two children. There isn’t much information about his personal relationship and girlfriend because he keeps a gap in his private life and in the media. In terms of sexual orientation, he is straight.
Robel Garcia’s Net Worth
Robel Garcia has a net worth of over $1 million as of August 2023, and he also earns a good salary of roughly $580,500 every year. He has not yet endorsed any brands. Furthermore, his primary source of income is his baseball career, and he is pleased and satisfied with his job.
- Robel made his Major League Baseball debut in 2019 with the Chicago Cubs.
- In February 2010, he signed as an international free agent out of the Dominican Republic with the Cleveland Indians.
- He would gain citizenship in both the Dominican Republic and Italy.