Lea Thompson is a well-known American actress, director, and television producer. She is best known for her role as Lorraine Baines in the Back to the Future trilogy of comedies. From 2011 to 2017, she played Kathryn Kennish in the drama television series Switched at Birth.
|Celebrated Name:||Lea Thompson|
|Real Name/Full Name:||Lea Katherine Thompson|
|Birth Date:||31 May 1961|
|Birth Place:||Rochester, Minnesota, United States|
|Husband/Spouse (Name):||Howard Deutch (m. 1989)|
|Children/Kids (Son and Daughter):||Yes (Zoey Deutch, Madelyn Deutch)|
|Is Lea Thompson Lesbian?:||No|
|Profession:||Actress, director, and television producer|
|Net Worth in 2023:||$16 million|
Lea Thompson Biography
Lea Katherine Thompson was born on May 31, 1961, in Rochester, Minnesota. She has two brothers, Andrew and Barry, as well as two sisters, Coleen Goodrich and Shannon Katona.
At the age of fourteen, she began performing ballet and won scholarships to the San Francisco Ballet, Pennsylvania Ballet, and American Ballet Theatre. Thompson began her professional dance career when she joined the American Ballet Theatre’s Studio Company at the age of twenty. At the same time, she relocated to New York to pursue an acting career.
Lea Thompson Age, Height, And Weight
Lea Thompson was born on May 31, 1961, and is 62 years old as of 2023. Her height is 1.63 meters and her weight is 61 kilograms.
- In 1983, Lea Thompson made her acting debut in the film Jaws 3-D. She appeared as Cecily “Sissy” Loper in the video game MysteryDisc: Murder, Anyone?
- Thompson rose to prominence in 1985 when she played Lorraine Baines McFly in the film Back to the Future. She appeared in SpaceCamp, Some Kind of Wonderful, Casual Sex
- She received a CableACE Award nomination in 1989 for her performance as the lead in the TV film Night Breaker.
- She played a variety of roles in the early 1990s, including the mother of the eponymous character in Dennis the Menace (1993), a snooty ballet instructor in The Little Rascals (1994), and a villainess in The Beverly Hillbillies (1993).
- Thompson rose to prominence in the television series “Caroline in the City,” which aired on the NBC network from 1995 to 1999. For the role, she received the People’s Choice Award.
- She took a break from acting and later appeared in several Broadway plays. Thompson made a comeback in the film Stealing Christmas (2003). She appeared in television shows such as Ed, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Hallmark Channel.
- She appeared on the reality television show Celebrity Duets in 2006. The following year, she appeared in A Life Interrupted, Head Case, Exit Speed, Adventures of a Teenage Dragon Slayer, and The Christmas Clause, all for television.
Lea Thompson Husband, Marriage
On the set of the film Some Kind of Wonderful, Thompson met film director Howard Deutch (1987). The couple married in 1989 and have two children, Madelyn (born 1991) and Zoey (born 1994).
Lea Thompson Awards
In her illustrious career, Lea Thompson has received numerous awards and nominations. For her work in the film Some Kind of Wonderful, she received the Young Artist Award for Best Young Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama in 1987. She won the Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actress in 1990.
Thompson won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Series in 1995 for her work in the sitcom Caroline in the City. She also received Satellite Award for the same television series in 1996.
She won best actress at the 2014 American Movie Awards for her role in The Trouble with the Truth. She has also been nominated for a number of other awards, including the Saturn Awards (1985) and the Satellite Awards (1996).
Lea Thompson’s Net Worth
Lea Thompson’s net worth is estimated to be more than $16 million as of July 2023. She amassed this enormous fortune as a result of her successful career as an actress, director, and television producer.
She has appeared in over 50 commercially successful films and television shows, including All the Right Moves, Some Kind of Wonderful, The Beverly Hillbillies, Fatal Secrets, Dinner in America, The Unspoken Truth, Jane Doe: Ties That Bind, and others.
She has also directed some of Hollywood’s most popular films, including Jane Doe: The Harder They Fall, American Housewife, Schooled, and others. Thomson also contributes to her net worth by performing at various concerts, award shows, and international tours. Lea Thompson is a well-known actress and artist in the world. She has made a name for herself through her unwavering hard work and dedication.