Robert Christian Finke, better known as Bobby Finke, is a swimmer from the United States. Finke won a gold medal for the United States in the Men’s 800 m freestyle at the 2020 Summer Olympics, his finest success to date. It marks his maiden Olympic debut as well as his first Olympic gold medal. At the 2017 World Aquatics Championships, he competed in the men’s 1500 m freestyle. Finke is presently a University of Florida swimmer. He previously swam on the Saint Petersburg Aquatics club squad for Coach Fred Lewis.
|Celebrated Name||Bobby Finke|
|Birth Name||Robert Christian Finke|
|Place Of Birth||Tampa, Florida|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Won a gold medal for the United States in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics Men’s 800 m freestyle|
|Sisters||Autumn Syke and Ariel Summer|
|High School||Countryside High School|
|University||University of Florida State|
|Awards||Co-SEC Freshmen Swimmer of the Year in 2019|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||172 lbs (78 kg)|
|Source of Wealth||Swimming (contracts, prize money, bonuses, endorsements)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Bobby Finke Biography
Bobby Finke was born on November 6, 1999. Robert Christian Finke is his given name. His birthplace is in the United States, in Tampa, Florida. He is a citizen of the United States. He was born to Joe Finke, his father, and Jeanne Finke, his mother. He hails from a swimming-obsessed household. Autumn Syke and Ariel Summer are his two older sisters.
Bobby Finke Height, Weight
Bobby Finke stands at 1.854 m, or 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He weighs about 172 pounds or 78 kilograms. He has a muscular physique. His eyes are dark, and his hair is blonde. His sexual orientation is heterosexual.
- Bobby Finke began swimming at a young age because he comes from a swimming family.
- With a time of 8:25:20, Finke broke the Florida Age Group State Championships (Flag) 800 m freestyle meet record.
- He then set the meet record for the 1500 m freestyle with a time of 15:56:82.
- He took first place in the USA Swimming Open Water Junior Under 18 Nationals.
- Countryside High School was his alma mater. During this time, he began swimming with St. Petersburg Aquatics, coached by Fred Lewis.
- In 2017, he became a Team USA World Championship qualifying at FINA while still in high school. He finished second in the 1,500 m freestyle at the 2018 Phillips 66 National Championships with a time of 14:55:34. With a time of 14:48:79, he finished third in the 1,500 m freestyle at the 2018 Pan Pacific Championships. He was a NISCA All-American twice and a USA Swimming Scholastic All-American twice.
- In addition, he was the Florida Swimming and Diving 4A State Champion in a number of events.
- In the 2018 class, he was ranked No. 18 overall and No. 1 in the state of Florida. He went to the University of Florida after high school.
- He assisted the Florida Gators men’s swimming and diving team in scoring the most points in their Conference Championship meets in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- At the University of Florida, he received various honors. He assisted the Gators in winning the SEC Championships in 2019 and 2020.
- He was named All-American four times for his great performance for the Gators, as well as All-SEC First Team in 2020, SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2020, All-SEC First Team in 2019, and SEC All-Freshman in 2019.
- In 2019, he was also named Co-SEC Freshmen Swimmer of the Year. With a timing of 14:12:08, he holds an American, NCAA, and SEC record in the 1650 m freestyle. He has NCAA 1650.
- In 2021, he won the 800m freestyle at the 2020 US Olympic Team Trials. With the victory, he qualified for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
- In addition, he qualified for the 1500 m freestyle. With a time of 7:41:87, he won his first Olympic gold medal in the Men’s 800 m freestyle.
Bobby Finke Girlfriend, Dating
Bobby Finke has not yet married. The American swimmer, on the other hand, is not single. He’s in a relationship with Ellie Zweifel. Zweifel, his girlfriend, is also an athlete and a professional swimmer. They both go to the same university, where they originally met.
Bobby Finke Net Worth
Bobby Finke makes a living as a professional swimmer. Despite this, he has already won an Olympic gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics while still in college. In the coming future, the young bright talent will almost certainly secure big sponsorship deals. His net worth is not currently accessible.
- His mother was a swimmer at Ball State University.
- His father is a Saint Petersburg Aquatics swim instructor.
- Both of his sisters swam for the University of Florida and Florida State University.
- At St. Petersburg Aquatics, he was great friends with Joshua McQueen.